TOP RECENT CRIMINAL DEFENSE RESULTS
Our team of dedicated and experienced attorneys will work tirelessly on every aspect of your case from arraignment through dismissal and/or sentencing to get YOU the most favorable outcome possible under the law.
Our consistently good results demonstrate our commitment to YOU!
- Hung Jury <== click to read
- Battery Against Spouse – [PC 273.5] – Acquittal (Not Guilty) after Marin County Superior Court trial.
- Petty Theft with Multiple Priors – [PC 484(a); PC 666] – DA insisted upon 45 days jail with no jail-alternatives AND 3-years supervised probation due to defendant’s multiple prior convictions. After in-chambers conference with the Judge and DA, the Court considered the mental, emotional, and financial challenges faced by this defendant. The case resolved for community service, a small fine, NO JAIL TIME and only 1-year (unsupervised) Court probation.
- Client deemed a “Negligent Operator” by DMV due to multiple moving violations in a short time frame – Against all odds counsel persuaded the administrative hearing officer at the hour and a half long, in-person DMV hearing to grant our client a restricted license so he can continue to drive to work and school.
- Client charged with two separate DUI’s a few months apart [VC 23152(a); VC 23152(b)] Sonoma County DA insisted upon client serving 100 days jail time/work release. After successful argument before the court, the judge only ordered 45 days jail/work release.
- Marin County defendant charged with Possession of a Controlled Substance with prior conviction [H&S 11377(a)] – Resolved for diversion program, small fine, and 13 months of probation/testing. More importantly, counsel negotiated NO DRUG OFFENDER REGISTRATION, which saved the client’s job.
- Possession of a Controlled Substance [H&S 11377(a)] – Pretrial motion resulted in suppression of search and dismissal of possession charge. CASE DISMISSED.
- Resisting, Delaying, Obstructing a Peace Officer [PC 148(a)(1)U] - Court trial resulted in sentence of anger management class with NO JAIL TIME.
- Public intoxication [PC 647(f)] and Under the Influence of a Controlled Substance [H&S 11550(a)] Out-of-state resident visiting Sonoma County for summer professional internship program bailed out of county jail and was allowed to return to his home state. Counsel worked with mental health professionals and the court to have ALL CHARGES DISMISSED.
- Driving on a Suspended License with a prior [VC 14601.1(a)] and No Insurance [VC 16028] Prosecutor offer for undocumented client was 10 days jail/work release, but after defense investigation and argument, defendant was convicted of the lesser charge of Driving Without a Valid License [VC 12500] and NO JAIL TIME.
- Possession of Marijuana for Sale [H&S 11359] and Sale/Transportation of Marijuana [H&S 11360] After successful negotiation with the prosecutor, defendant was allowed to plead to Accessory After the Fact to a Felony [PC 32] which was the least harmful conviction for an undocumented client desiring a green card in the future.
- Violation of Felony Probation with Gang Terms – DA wanted client to be sent to prison for his third violation of probation. Instead, due to counsel’s perseverance in court, the client was sentenced to the Jericho Project – a Bay Area Treatment program for drugs and behavioral modification.
- Possession of Marijuana for Sale [H&S 11359] and Sale/Transportation of 35 pounds of Marijuana [H&S 11360] – After successful negotiation with the prosecutor, possession charge was dismissed and Defendant was allowed to plead to transportation charge and was sentenced to only 90 days/work release.
- Felony possession of a dangerous weapon (PC 12020/22210) and possession of a drug smoking device (HS 11364) – Reduction to misdemeanor possession of a weapon and dismissal of drug related offense
- Felony possession of cocaine (H&S 11350) and resisting a peace officer (PC 148) – Resolved for misdemeanor resisting arrest
- Felony possession of a concealed weapon (PC 12020/22210) – dismissal of all charges after completion of a weapons safety class
- Client received 3rd and 4th DUI charges on the SAME DAY with BAC of nearly 3-times the legal limit (VC 23152(a)/23152(b)) – Minimal jail served and agreement to perform a 120 day treatment program with possibility of no more jail
- Drunk in public charge (PC 647(f)) with prior convictions – Resolved for fine only with no probation
- Felony marijuana sales at on school property (H&S 11360) – DA reduced offer to misdemeanor with no jail time
- Felony Possession for sale and transportation of over 35 lbs. of marijuana (H&S 11360(a)) – Probation and 90 days work release with ability to possess up to 1 ounce of marijuana with valid prescription
- Elderly man charged with evading police officer (VC 2800) for several miles and driving on a suspended license (VC 14601) – Case dismissed upon agreement not to own/drive vehicle
- 16 year-old charged with felony drug and weapons violations with gang enhancements – Released into father’s custody with Deferred Entry of Judgment on 1 to 3 years probation. Voluntarily attending in-patient drug rehab
- 17 year old charged with multiple probation violations (VOP’s) facing incarceration stemming from previous felony sex-related charges – Released into mother’s custody and assigned to a court-monitored treatment and rehabilitation program tailored to his individual needs